Our encouraging and supportive environment assists patients to reach a healthy weight.
At Express Health AZ, we believe that a physician-supervised, weight-loss clinic should have a positive environment that will help improve underlying medical issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and ambulation. Let us help you today!
Dr. Persaud is the chief executive officer and medical director of Express Health AZ, a physician supervised obesity clinic, geared to help complex patients lose weight. She also is part of a multi-specialty private practice at Midwest Internal Medicine. She completed her internal medicine residency from Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and received her doctorate in medicine from SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
Dr. Persaud is board-certified in Internal Medicine and is a Certified Diplomate of Obesity Medicine. She is a member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Sigma Xi Research Society, American Medical Association and American College Physicians. She has practiced internationally in Uganda with Doctors for Global Health and is an avid supporter of Doctors Without Borders.
Lorilyn Espinal is the Office Administrator at the Lake Havasu City branch. She is an alumni of NYC Boricua College and the Aveda Institute of New York with a degree in Esthiology, as well as a certified CPO. Lorilyn ensures the clinic runs smoothly by keeping up with patient care, hitting company quotas and maintaining a close relationship with medical professionals and local businesses. Lorilyn is also in charge of the various kinds of marketing done at the Lake Havasu Branch. In her free time, Lorilyn enjoys spending time with her children and attending church.
Lauren Swirczek is the Executive Manager of the Lake Havasu City branch. She is an alumni of Saddleback Community College where she received an Associates in General Studies. She served as the Executive Manager of the Parker branch and Assistant Manager of the Bullhead branch. She is one of two who has won the Service Excellence Award for Express Health AZ in 2017. Under her supervision, Express Health AZ has created a dominant social media presence along platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Periscope, Pinterest and YouTube with over 6,000 followers online. In her spare time, Lauren can be found advocating for animal rights.
Ashley Johnson is the Co-Executive Manager of the Lake Havasu Branch. She is currently pursuing a Nursing Degree from Mohave Community College, where she was recently awarded an Outstanding Achievement Award in Biology. She holds a membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, The Obesity Society, and has won the Rising Star Award for Express Health AZ in 2017. Ashley easily handles the high volume of patient queries and produces valuable office metrics weekly in the form of progress reports, to help shape marketing strategies. In her free time, Ashley can be found participating in photography and off-roading related action sports.
- Center of Excellence Award, Express Health Weight Loss Clinic, October 2017
- Center of Excellence Award, Express Health Weight Loss Clinic, October 2016
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Express Health Weight Loss Clinic, October 2016
- Top Doctor Award for Arizona, 2017
- Top Doctor Award for Arizona, 2016
- United Health Care, PATH Excellence in Patient Service Award, August 2016
- Certificate of Completion, The 39th Annual Intense Review of Internal Medicine, Harvard Medical School, June 2016
- International Association of Healthcare Professionals Honors Recognition, January 2016
- International Association of Internists Honors Recognition, January 2016
- Certificate of Achievement for Leading Physicians of the World, January 2016
- Doctor of Excellence Award, The International Association of Internists, June 2015
- Who’s Who Award, May 2015
If you have questions about our services, accepted forms of insurance, our facility, or our physician, please feel free to contact us during normal business hours by phone or use the form below and we will respond within one business day.
Monday - Friday: Closed
Saturday: 7:00am – 7:00pm