Express Health AZ offers a physician-supervised weight loss clinic designed to help patients lose weight quickly and safely, and keep it off.
Express Health’s encouraging and supportive environment assists patients to reach a healthy weight. This, in turn, can improve underlying medical issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and improve ambulation. We offer weekly Cognitive Behavioral Therapy lectures and monthly follow-up visits to ensure maximum safety and adherence to the diet to improve outcomes.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Stop in for a FREE consultation. Appointments can be scheduled at (928) 208-1327.
- Next, you’ll need blood drawn. This can be done at any lab, and we can provide a lab slip at the consultation.
- Once blood work is completed, call (928) 208-1327 to schedule a Medical Clearance appointment with Dr.Persaud. This appointment will take place at Midwest Internal Medicine 1840 Mesquite Ave STE B, Lake Havasu City.
- Be sure to have all paperwork filled out BEFORE you see the doctor and arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment. Don’t forget your insurance card!
- Immediately after the Medical Clearance, stop by Express Nutrition at 2036 McCulloch Blvd., Suite 102, Lake Havasu City, where staff will review your Binder and perform a Body Composition Analysis.
Four Phases to the VLCD “Very Low Calorie Diet” or LCD “Low Calorie Diet”
- Screening: Patients are medically screened to see if it is safe for them to participate in our very low calorie diet. The screening process includes a physical examination, review of medical history and laboratory testing.
- Reducing (Active Weight Loss): Consuming nutritionally complete products, participants begin to learn and practice weight management skills without the influence of food.
- Adapting: While practicing newly learned eating and exercise habits, participants gradually transition back to grocery meals. A new meal plan is determined at a Transition Appointment with Express Health AZ staff.
- Maintenance: Participants graduate from our diet after reaching a healthy BMI (~24) and a healthy percent body fat. Staff will continue to provide support for relapse prevention and individualized meal plans.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Lectures
- Saturday classes begin promptly on the half-hour.
- Please place food order and weigh-in with staff prior to lecture.
- If you can’t attend Saturday classes, please coordinate a schedule with Express Health AZ staff. We will accommodate you as much as we can.
Class begins at 8:30am / Food Sales & Weigh-in start at 7:45am
Class begins at 9:30am / Food Sales & Weigh-in start at 8:45am
Class begins at 10:30am / Food Sales & Weigh-in start at 9:45am